Spis punktów szlaku




The “B, C and E” housing estate

Urban design of the estate – Kazimierz Wejchert and Hanna Adamczewska (later Adamczewska-Wejchert). Conceptual designs- a team of architects from Warsaw, 1952

In 1951, when building of the “A” housing estate was already in progress, a contest for the overall urban concept of the city Tychy was announced. The competition was won by Kazimierz Wejchert and Hanna Adamczewska with their team. The “B” estate was the first estate implemented according to the urban design of the winning team. 
Construction of the estate was started in 1953. Houses were built in the traditional way, with bricks. Designing took into account typical building sections compiled in different variants.
According to the concept of the general designers - Kazimierz Wejchert and Hanna Adamczewska, the “B” estate was to link the new city with the existing complex of the old town of Tychy. Many old buildings were left between new ones. Hanna and Kazimierz Wejchert called the estate "romantic" - the streets were designed with free lines adapted to natural topography and the tower of the old church could be seen from a few locations. The buildings are predominantly three-storeyed. The architecture consciously alludes to traditional buildings of Polish towns: sheer roofs covered with tiles, garrets, corner arcades, projections, bay windows, façades divided by cornice mouldings. There is a lot of the so-called street furniture: the stairs on slopes, declining towards the stream or stone retaining walls. 
 
Text: Maria Lipok-Bierwiaczonek

(kliknij na punkt na mapie, aby dowiedzieć się więcej)